123 Posts
EclipseMedia
9 years ago
Topic

When I try to install 3.3.5 I get an ERROR page and the browser title says

"Error: 1146 Table 'xxxxx_joomla.zwlfn_cck_core_fields' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT id FROM xxxxx_cck_core_fields WHERE id >= 500 AND id < 5000"

Get a Book for SEBLOD
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 1

Whic version yre you upgrading from? Did you uninstall that version before upgrade (doing so is NOT advisable)?

123 Posts
EclipseMedia
9 years ago
Level 2

I did uninstall an earlier version. Are we not able to uninstall Seblod. How would i fix this? I need to get the latest version on.

4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 1
123 Posts
EclipseMedia
9 years ago
Level 1

I ended up reinstalling Joomla again and install all other components and recover data. Then I went and installed the latestest version of Seblod. t seems odd that there is no exit strategy for a Seblod. I guess I am just use to every other Joomla extension having this ability like second nature.

4229 Posts
Kadministrator
9 years ago
Level 2

Hi,

this is how it should be, yes, but it does not work properly at the moment.

233 Posts
pepperstreet
9 years ago
Level 1

Same error and issue.
Related topic -> Commented over here...

572 Posts
_jrmo
9 years ago
Level 2

Hi all,

The issue of uninstalling + reinstalling SEBLOD is somewhat fixed in the upcoming release of SEBLOD 3.4 (scheduled for release this week).

There are some exceptions to this:

• If you are uninstalling SEBLOD, you MUST uninstall the whole package, not just the component. Instructions on how to do this are at 3:07 of this tutorial: http://www.seblod.com/resources/videos/installing-seblod
  • If you uninstall SEBLOD, you must re-install the same version, or the database will have mismatched values. So you can only do this for versions of SEBLOD 3.4 and later. If you want to uninstall SEBLOD, best to update to 3.4, then uninstall, in case you want to reinstall later
  • If you install SEBLOD, create some articles with SEBLOD, then uninstall it, your article content won't be visible in the front end any more, because SEBLOD isn't installed to render it.

Remember you should never run tests with installing / uninstalling SEBLOD on a live production site without a) backing up first and b) testing on a development server.

Thanks,

James

Get a Book for SEBLOD