So, I am admittedly a complete newbie with Seblod, just installed the component today...
I am looking to construct a directory/database of pdfs and word documents that need three essential functionalities. Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on these:
(1) Have figured out the upload function, but need to attach tags to each document that can then be presented in a separate list. For example, uploading a pdf with information, such as, publication year or origin, etc, that is then presented on a list together with a link to the document.
(2) Searching (and generating) a list of documents according the tags. For example, just getting a list of documents for a selected publication year.
(3) Is it possible to also integrate a smart search function. For example, to allow the user to search all the text content in the pdfs. Have used jifile to do this in the past, but would be great to have in same format...
Your help on these issues would be greatly appreciated!!
Ok, so after playing around with Seblod for a bit, I have now learnt the basics. Managed to do all that I wanted to start with above...
Do however have some follow-up questions that I was hoping I could get some help with.
(1) Have a list with links to uploaded documents. How can I convert the text link to a standard image link? For now it just writes out the full name of the file, and I would just like to have an icon there.
(2) I do not display all the information on the items in the list. Would like the "document title" (one of the fields) to link to the other information that has been included for each item. How can I do this?