123 Posts
EclipseMedia
10 years ago
Topic
When I enable Joomlas own SEO (I tried SH404SEF with failed results as well)
Then click a link in a List Type I get the dreaded 404 page not found. Has anyone else figured how to get around it?
Get a VIP membership
251 Posts
Viktor Iwan
10 years ago
Level 1
Seblod has it own router, if you check on option you will see it seeting... if you use 3rdparty sef it can create conflict... use seo element that does not have routing element like rsSeo... it solves your problem
147 Posts
MtnPavlas
10 years ago
Level 1
Actually, I've had this issue on all sites where I've used Seblod 3.x IF I enable both "Search Engine Friendly URLs" and "Use URL rewriting" in Joomla's global configuration (I'm using the standard Joomla-provided .htaccess and no SEF extensions). If I only enable "Search Engine Friendly URL's", all works fine.
I experimented with the different variations in Seblod > Options > Site > SEF but to no avail. So for now, I have settled for setting "Use URL rewriting" to "No", which means Joomla inserts the annoying "index.php" between the domain and the SEF extension (e.g. mydomain.com/index.php/users/user1 ... instead of mydomain.com/users/user1).

Like EclipseMedia, I'd appreciate any pointers re what I could check on. Thanks a ton, P
10 years ago
Level 2
Hi EclipseMedia -- Wondering if you happened to try SH404SEF with "Use URL rewriting" set to "No" as MtnPavlas suggested?  Did it work for you?
Thanks!
10 years ago
Level 1
This is an issue that has been raised many times already.

Like Viktor said, this is related to the Seblod's own router.php.

This router.php also affects some other Joomla functionalities, like Redirects component, XML sitemap links generation.

It would be awesome if we could get some feedback from Octopoos team on this issue and super awesome if they could point out ways to solve it.
10 years ago
Level 1
Hmmm... that's not awesome.  Hey Octopoos: we could use some input here -- thanks!  :-)
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
10 years ago
Level 1
Hi,

One thing - do you display that list in the module or from component with menu linked to it (joomla needs at least one menu fro routing to work)? If it is the second case this sounds like a bug, please report it on the tracker with the means to reproduce it.
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
10 years ago
Level 1
Hi,

I just tried and I'm unable to reproduce this.

I did the following:
  1. Created new list search type for articles
  2. Created new menu pointing to lsits&search with this search type selected
  3. Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess
  4. Activate SEO and URL rewriting 

One question for those having problems, did you by any chance forget step 3 (or any of this steps)? Did you change default SEO options in seblod component options->site tab ?

10 years ago
Level 1
Hi

SEblod may have its own router but Joomla still requires menu items to build the right urls. 
With Joomla SEO options set to ON and the seblod router, the finder still can't build right SEF urls if the content does not have a direct link of 'list of articles from a category' link. The finder still ignores seblod lists menu items.

It would be great if the finder could take into account the seblod lists menuitems

cyril
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
10 years ago
Level 1
Hi,

I need to do some further experiments and tracking as this code is fairly new to me but it might be there is a bug in list_inc.php where $preconfig['itemId']  is used as argument in CCK_List::render calls, while it probably should be $itemId defined at the beginning of this file. Thing is $preconfig['itemId'] is set as empty string in view.html.php and since nothing is passed to the function - resulting in router searching for itemid instead of using itemid from search type
Get a VIP membership