I've bought 'Masonry' template and found two problems already. Well, maybe it's only me treating them as 'problems', but still.
First of all - I'm not interested at all in standard pagination, I've purchased the extension because it has 'Load More' feature. But unfortunately I can't use it. Here's why:
1) option 'Load' - keeps on loading articles, doesn't stop. I have over 5K articles, so the category blog stops being usable, as I can't even scroll down during loading. Is there a way to make it load articles - let's say - in baches of 20 or 30 articles after I scroll down to the last item of the batch? I mean - something like in 'Facebook',
2) option 'Click' - for me it's worse scenario, but since 'load' goes berserker... Well, the system loads articles after clicking 'Load More', BUT after loading every batch it returns to the top of the page. And again - with my over 5K of articles user would have to scroll and scroll and scroll after loading every batch. Shouldn't the window stay on the level of 'Load More' button?
I'm aware that maybe these 'problems' are related to my lack of knowledge, maybe I misconfigured something? Help?...
1. load more does exactly what you describe - it loads next page of articles, when you scroll down to the end of those it loads next batch and so on. How many articles are loaded depends on your pagination settings, those can be configured per search type or globally.
2. please report this on the tracker, sound like a bug (or missing feature..not sure)
Alright, I let myself focus on the automatic loading. It should work like I've described, but it just keeps on loading all the pages one by one, even if I have pagination items set to 50 and don't scroll at all. All I can do is watching the browser's scrollbar button shrink. Check yourself: www.biblioteka-koszalin.pl/biblioteka-poleca
I attach my config screens, so you know what my settings are.
It took me some time, but here's what I've done so far:
1) installed fresh Joomla 3.8.1,
2) installed SEBLOD 3.15.0,
3) installed Masonry template,
4) created very simple content type (consisting only of 4 already existing fields: title, alias, introtext and creation date) and made it an article object,
5) created Search Type for that simple content type and set Masonry the template,
6) created menu item for the search type,
7) created around 50 articles based on the simple content type, so I can check the load function.
Then I started testing. And no matter what I did, how many items I set in pagination, Joomla was always loading all the articles at once. I've tried Beez3 and Protostar built-in templates - no success.
So let's sum it up: whole new Joomla installation with SEBLOD only - and it still doesn't work. Please please try it yourself. I really have no idea what else I could do to make it work. It just doesn't.