This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you don't change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand
43 Posts
Sven
3 years ago
Topic

Hi, 

I experienced some issues with Seblod and Joomla 3.8.0:

  • Yesterday I tried to update some sites that used Seblod 3.13.0 to Joomla 3.8.0. In some cases it worked, in some I got a blank screen in the backend. I had to install backups of those sites to get them running again.
  • Today I updated seblod to the new 3.14.0 version and now those updates were successful.
  • So I continued to update my other sites. I updated Seblod to 3.14.0, performed the update to 3.8.0 and now get an new error in one of my installations: "Error displaying the error page: Call to undefined method JAdminCssMenu::addChild(): Call to undefined method JAdminCssMenu::addChild()"

Any idea how to solve my new issue?

Many greetings
Sven

UPDATE: I'm not sure if the new issue is caused by seblod or maybe another component - I will have a closer look at it.

Get a VIP membership
3 years ago
3
Level 1

Hello Sven,

For the 1st one: SEBLOD 3.13 took care of the B/C issue introduced by Joomla! 3.8, but there was a slight issue on our side only when more than one SEBLOD Admin modules were published... so I guess that's why you had blank screen on some of your sites.

For the 2nd one: The slight issue for multiple SEBLOD Admin module was fixed in SEBLOD 3.14

For the 3rd one: Currently I am not sure how this could happen. Please let us know.

In any case, feel free to execute one of the 2 methods to disable the module, at the bottom of the blog post. And when you are able to access the back-end I would even suggest to uninstall the SEBLOD Admin module, and to create a (Joomla!) Admin module using the SEBLOD preset (or a custom back-end menu if needed) ... as the SEBLOD Admin module is now deprecated. With SEBLOD 3.13/SEBLOD 3.14 the purpose was (to try) to avoid broken back-end with Joomla! 3.8, but it's gonna be removed from the Core package soon.

Regards,
Saba.

43 Posts
Sven
3 years ago
0
Level 2

Hello Saba,

thank you for your explanations and your fast support! Meanwhile I successfully updated many other sites to J3.8.0 after updating seblod to 3.14.0.

I did not figure out what caused the issue in the one installation I mentioned yet. But I will inform you when I know it.

Regard
Sven

43 Posts
Sven
3 years ago
1
Level 2

Hello Saba,

just want to give you a short feedback. I did not figure out what caused the issue. I installed a backup, updated Seblod to 3.14.1 and the Update to Joomla 3.8.0 was successfull this time - without any problems.

Regards
Sven

3 years ago
0
Level 3

Hi Sven,

Thank you for the feedback! :)

Saba

101 Posts
webchun
2 years ago
0
Level 1

I experienced this issue today when upgrading my joomla from 3.7 to 3.8.1 and I was unable to access my joomla backend. What I did to solve this problem is deleting these folders :

/administrator/modules/mod_cck_menu 
/administrator/modules/mod_cck_quickadd 
/administrator/modules/mod_cck_quickicon

and then installing the seblod update.

Get a Book for SEBLOD