7 years ago
Topic

Hi

If you try to have a multi sites project AND several languages for each site as well you may encounter the following 500 error:

Let's say you have : site1, site2 and site3 and fr / en languages

Then, for example site1/en gives you a 500 error unless you click on the english default menu item in the menu manager to make the english flag appear in the english menu for this site.

BUT since Joomla! only allows you to select only ONE default menu item per language, you can't access site2/en !! then site2/en gives you an error 500

... unless I forgot something of course

thanks

cyril

Get a Book for SEBLOD
4229 Posts
Kadministrator
7 years ago
Level 1

As far as I know seblod multisites does not work with multilanguage suffixes, you need to set domain or subdomain for each language.

7 years ago
Level 2

Hi Klas

It worked with joomla 2.5 + seblod 3 but with some hacks of ours. Of course we can do as you wrote (create a site for each language) but in this case we LOOSE the menu items associations!

I really believe Seblod could take advantage of the joomla multilanguage features combined with multi sites.

As for your information in the previous J2 + seblod 3 we had two hacks: It is bad (I know, even very bad since we hacked a joomla module) and it no loger works with Joomla 3 but at least it gives some hints how seblod could be modified accordingly

file cck.php (plugins/system/cck) line 537:

find:

if ( !( !$path || $path == 'index.php/'.@$my->alias || $path == @$my->alias.'.html' ) ) {

and replace with:

// todo: need to be improved!

# @$my->alias = old item

# $path = new item

$pos = strpos($path, @$my->alias);

if ( !$path || $pos !== false ) {

file modules/mod_languages/helper.php :

line 26, remplace

foreach($menu->getMenu() as $item) {

if ($item->home) {

$homes[$item->language] = $item;

with =>

foreach($menu->getMenu() as $item) {

if (!$item->home) {

$homes[$item->language] = $item;

thanks

Cyril

4229 Posts
Kadministrator
7 years ago
Level 1

7 years ago
Level 2

Hi Klas

This is not what we could expect. Having to add sites for a multi language / multi sites project means you have to artificially multiply the ACLs and loose the menu item association!!

We need to have more joomla native solution here. Seblod is a great tool to master joomla not replace it ! Beware not to compete with the fundations.

If it's possible we will try to find a seblod hack we will propose you. I'm not sure if it's possible though.

thanks for sharing

cyril

7 years ago
Level 1

Hi again

No news on this subject please ? Is the final word that Seblod drops the Joomla! multilanguage menu items association with multi sites / multi languages projects ?

Moreover it seems that if you go that way you can't use the Joomla language filter plugin as well. You loose the &lang= parameter in the URLs

If we activate the language filter plugin the &lang= parameter is not set to the right language that is defined in the seblod site configuration.

thanks

cyril

Get a Book for SEBLOD