Hi Mario! In List & Search Type in the Search Tab you can set up at the Button  in the Match Column Past or Future.
1) Create two hidden calendar fields for example "Date from" and "Date to";
2) For "date to" set the standard value to "now" and at #3 in the Match column "Past"
3) For "date from" you can set the default value to regular expression like "-1 day" or "-1 week" or "-1 month" and at #3 in the Match column "Future"
3) If you need the user to select the specific range you can create a simple select field and define the values for last week, last month, last day to "-1 day" "-1 week" and "-1 month" and pass the value to the "Date from" field.
3) Set both of the date formats according to the format in the field "Article created" and show time to "no" the storage should be: standard->article->created
3) You can set the Date from and Date to fields to hidden.
Yes, of course. In attachment i give you an example for 1 week in the past. (Edit: sorry there is a mistake in the screen for hidden fields, of course you don´t hide the search button but the Date from field :-) )
Hi, Elisa thanks for the explanation. It helps alot. Anyway, how can I make the search is applied on first load? Its working only when clicking the submit button. I have enabled 'Search on first load' option on the menu item's settings. Thanks!
Elisa's solution is the right one. Your solution gives the impression of working, but is not correct on many levels. What I meant is that your solution is sort of asking for trouble, since dates have their own logic when treated as strings.
i will look into it. I'm just wondering if there is more simple way to get it since my method only invalid if i need to "show any article created yesterday" , anything that ranges from dates to today/current date can be done using my method [set it to future and add in -1 week / - 1 month on default] [cant be used on specific X dates to Y Dates too though]
if you need something along with X days/ X month/ X Week to Now/Today,you can use my method
if you need specific X dates to Y dates, you need to use Elisa's method