I'm working on a 'standard' product content type:
- product name field
- image field
- description field
I would like to add in my content view a list of related products.
These products would be chosen 'manually' in the backend admin form (I would like to let the admin choose the most appropriate items).
I think that could be done with a dynamic multi select field set to fetch all the articles from the product category (where catid=some_id). I've called it 'prod_prodrelated'. I've chosen a semi colon (';') as the separator.
For now, I'm not sure how to display the list of the chosen related products in the product content view.
I've tried with a list field (https://www.seblod.com/store/extensions/8538) but I can't make it working.
Here is my trial:
- I've created a list & search type from my product content type.
- In the search form view I've added the dynamic muti select field created above ('prod_prodrelated')
- I've left match mode to permissive
- In the product content type content view I don't forget to add the art_id field
- In the product content type content view I've added a list field
- in the field & search type section I've wrote the name of my products list & sarch type (created abobe)
- in the fields section I've wrote: prod_prodrelated=art_id
As I said it is not working: first I have no result, after playing with match modes related products are displayed but in a non logical way (products not chosen are displayed or some products chosen don't display).